Lifeguard – Kluthe Pool
Part Time - Seasonal Position
Seasonal Lifeguard Positions available for Summer 2023 at the Kluthe Memorial Pool.
Lifeguard / CPR Certification required. Certification is provided and the cost covered by the Effingham Park District.
Pool Hours are 12pm – 7pm (Nights could go to 9pm on days with private after-hours parties). Staff Meetings and other training/special tasks may take place in the mornings when needed.
Flexible Scheduling. Must be 16+ years old to apply.
Lifeguard Job Responsibilities:
- Supervises swimming activities at the facility and ensures that policies, guidelines, and safety procedures are followed.
- Warns swimmers of improper activities or danger and enforces pool regulations and water safety policies.
- Administers first aid in the event of injury, rescues swimmers in distress or danger of drowning, and administers CPR and/or artificial respiration, if necessary.
- Evaluates conditions for safety and initiates aquatics emergency action plan as required.
- Supervises and assists in cleaning the pool and related facilities and equipment.
Lifeguard Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge and ability to evaluate water conditions at aquatics facilities to determine any potential dangers or hazards
- Ability to adjust programs as necessary to ensure the safety of the visitors and other staff
- Swimming proficiency and comfort in all types of water conditions
- Ability to judge and evaluate evolving dynamics of individuals participating in aquatic activities to immediately assess their capabilities and threats to their safety
- Knowledge of on-site protocols, operational procedures, and safety policies
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for providing on-site emergency medical services
compensation & benefits
Pay Rate based on Age and Experience